When winter rolls around, it’s time to bundle up against the cold weather. But who said you have to sacrifice style for warmth and comfort? Faux fur lined parkas are the perfect solution, combining cozy insulation with eye-catching designs. In this post, we’ll explore the benefits of these cold weather essentials and highlight the top styles you need to know about.
A parka is a long coat designed to protect against the elements. Parkas meant for frigid temps have insulated linings and are usually water resistant or waterproof. Faux fur lining takes these coats to the next level by providing extra warmth and a seriously luxe look. The soft fur trappings hug your neck to seal in heat while adding a playful pop of texture.
Faux fur has come a long way from its early nylon days. Now made from synthetics like acrylic and modacrylic, the best faux furs mimic the plush feel of real fur. But unlike animal materials, faux fur is easy to care for and maintains its fluff wash after wash. Brands also dye the plush lining in a rainbow of fun colors, making each parka a statement piece.
Lined parkas first took off in the 1960s and have been winter wardrobe staples ever since. Beyond their cosy comfort, these coats give you the flexibility to pair them with dressy outfits or casual street style. So don’t relegate yours solely to snow shoveling duty – a faux fur trimmed parka elevates everything from jeans and boots to cocktail dresses.
Ready to get your fuzzy lining on? Keep reading to discover this season’s warmest and coolest faux fur trimmed parkas.
1. Orolay Women’s Thickened Down Jacket
Dubbed “the Amazon coat” for its viral success, this Orolay style combines contouring side ruching with an oversized collar and hood trimmed in a silky faux fur. The polyester and nylon shell hosts 90% white duck down for serious insulation against icy winds. Both windproof and water-resistant, it will keep you toasty and dry through the worst winter weather.
Despite the heavy duty protection, the Orolay down jacket maintains a slim, feminine silhouette. Welted side pockets provide spot for safely stowing gloves or keys. And this parka further stands out for its range of rich colors, from army green to red wine. For exceptional warmth with standout style, Orolay’s signature down coat delivers.
- 90% white duck down, 10% feathers
- Water-resistant and windproof
- Faux fur trimmed oversize hood
- Side ruching for shaping
- Multiple color options
- Slim, mid-length cut
2. EllieHo Women’s Down Parka with Faux Fur Trim Hood
Channel your inner snow bunny with this EllieHo parka, complete with a fluffy faux fur detachable hood. Made of windproof polyester, this coat contains 85% white duck down clustered in small compartments throughout the lining. This “sewn through” construction prevents the delicate down from clumping or shifting.
The snug faux fur collar frames your face while blocking wintry blasts. For added warmth, the cuffs also feature ribbed faux fur trim you can easily tuck into gloves. And when temps are exceptionally frigid, zip in the included fleece vest liner.
Two roomy cargo pockets give you plenty of storage space. This parka falls around mid-thigh length on most frames. The neutral army green and black color options pair well with any cold weather ensemble. With its plush fur accents and insulating duck down filling, EllieHo’s parka brings haute style to freezing days.
- Detachable faux fur trimmed hood
- 85% white duck down, 15% feathers
- Fleece zip-in vest liner included
- Ribbed faux fur cuffs
- Windproof polyester shell
- Mid-thigh length
3. Alpha Industries Women’s N-3B Parka
Alpha Industries has outfitted Air Force pilots with cold weather gear since 1959. Their signature N-3B parka remains a top choice for individuals braving frigid temps. The faux fur lining the oversize collar provides superior wind protection.
The parka shell also blocks wind while repelling water to keep you dry. The hood stows away in a zippered compartment when not in use. Storm cuffs seal out snow or rain. Below the exterior nylon shell lies a layer of insulation and the quilted inner lining.
This parka falls around mid-thigh for good coverage. The elastic drawcord waist creates a flattering silhouette. With its abrasion-resistant shell and waterproof construction, this parka was built for handling icy northern winters in style. Choose from colors like olive green, burgundy, black, and more.
- Faux fur trimmed hood with drawcords
- Water and wind resistant nylon shell
- Storm cuffs on sleeves
- Elastic waist and interior drawcord
- Multiple military-inspired color options
- Mid-thigh length
4. Columbia Women’s Heavenly Long Hooded Jacket
Brave winter’s worst in this hooded parka by Columbia. The cotton shell hosts an Omni-Heat thermal reflective lining to retain body heat. Waterproof fabric and fully sealed seams block snow and rain from seeping in. For extra insulation, the jacket contains a lightweight down-alternative fill.
The fixed hood provides a refuge from the cold along with a plush faux fur ruff. For additional coziness, flip up the soft chin guard. The long length offers excellent coverage while inner cuffs seal out drafts. This stylish parka will keep you comfortable walking the dog on the coldest grey days. Pick from pretty colors like rose quartz, sea salt, and glacial ice.
- Waterproof exterior
- Omni-Heat thermal reflective lining
- Lightweight down-alternative insulation
- Two-way front zipper
- Faux fur trimmed and lined hood
- Long length for warmth and coverage
- Fun, feminine color selections
5. MOERDENG Women’s Waterproof Ski Jacket
Heading to the slopes or the trails? This high performance ski jacket by MOERDENG provides toasty comfort without the bulk. The waterproof shell and seam sealed construction prevent snow or rain from seeping through. Plush faux fur lines the back of the stand collar and detachable hood.
Lightweight polyester insulation allows full mobility while retaining warmth. Underarm zippers let you quickly cool off when building up heat. For variable conditions, the powder skirt fastens with snaps to seal out snow. This mid-length jacket offers great coverage while allowing freedom of movement. Look sharp on the streets or the skating rink in army green, wine red, black, or navy blue.
- Waterproof and seam sealed shell
- Faux fur detachable hood and collar
- Light insulation retains warmth minus bulk
- Underarm ventilation zippers
- Front zip pockets with snap closure
- Detachable powder skirt
- Active-inspired cut in stylish colors
Choosing the Best Faux Fur Lined Parka for You
With so many cozy and chic faux fur trimmed parkas to pick from, it helps to focus on the features that matter most for your needs. Here are some key considerations when shopping:
- Climate – The colder your winters, the more insulation you want. Opt for a higher fill power down or thicker synthetic insulation. For wet climates, focus on waterproofing.
- Intended use – Do you need a parka to commute in? For family snow days? Determine if you want greater warmth, weather protection, or mobility.
- Insulation type – Down provides unmatched warmth but loses insulation value if wet. Synthetic fills retain warmth when damp but are less cozy. Know your climate.
- Weather protection – Look for outer shells treated to resist wind and water. Seam sealing and storm guards boost weatherproofing.
- Length – Longer parkas keep more of you covered and your thighs toasty. But they can restrict mobility. Mid-length styles offer versatility.
- Hood and collar – A generous collar lined in plush faux fur blocks wind and locks in body heat. Make sure hoods are adjustable for the perfect fit.
- Pockets – Conveniently stash keys, cards, and hand warmers in zippered and snap flap pockets. Look for styles with adequate interior and exterior storage.
- Fit – These coats run roomy to accommodate layers underneath. But too oversized can look bulky. Seek a slimming cut that maintains mobility.
Frequently Asked Questions About Faux Fur Lined Parkas
What is the warmest insulation for a parka?
For retaining heat, down insulation is hard to beat, thanks to its unrivaled warmth-to-weight ratio. Higher fill-power down (800-900) provides maximum insulation value in a lightweight, compressible form. The down clusters’ fluffiness traps air to retain body heat.
However, when down gets wet, it loses insulation ability. Synthetic insulations like PrimaLoft remain warmer than wet down. But on dry days, quality down provides unparalleled cozy warmth.
How do I wash a faux fur lined parka?
Read your parka’s care label, as instructions vary. Some faux fur linings may be removable prior to washing the shell. In general, turn the coat inside out and use a front loading washer on the delicate cycle.
Wash with cold water and mild detergent. For parkas with down or PrimaLoft, use a cleaner made specifically for synthetic insulations. Tumble dry on low. The heat helps restore fluffiness to the faux fur!
Will the fur lining make me sweat more?
Not necessarily. The faux fur itself has an open pile construction that allows for ventilation, unlike solid fur. Plus, parka shells are designed from breathable, waterproof fabrics.
As long as you don’t overheat by wearing too many layers underneath, a faux fur lining shouldn’t cause sweat or clamminess. The plush trim seals in warmth without compromising air flow.
Is faux fur ethically sourced?
Faux fur gets high marks for animal welfare, as no animals are harmed in making it. The fabrics are synthetic acrylics or modacrylics. For environmental impact, some brands now use recycled synthetics.
For “fur” lookalikes with ethical sourcing from start to finish, faux fur is the clear choice over real fur. Brands like WUXLY use premium-quality faux fur sustainably made in Canada.
How long do faux fur lined parkas last?
With proper care, a quality faux fur lined parka should last around 5 years or more. Avoid excessive sun exposure, which can fade colors. Check that zippers, snaps, and stitches stay intact.
Spot clean spills promptly before they set in. Regularly washing and drying on low helps revive flattened faux fur pile. Store the parka properly during summer. Taking care of your parka extends its lifespan.
Should I size up to fit layers underneath?
In most cases, it’s smart to size up, especially if you plan to layer sweaters and base layers under your parka. The faux fur lining and insulation already add warmth, so a roomier silhouette accommodates layers without looking bulky.
But don’t size up more than one size. Oversized coats can hinder mobility. Try the coat on with desired layers to assess fit. If in doubt, size up for versatility.
Are faux fur parkas bulky to wear?
Not if you choose the right style! Many parkas now use lightweight insulation that retains warmth without adding puffy bulk. Brands design trim-fitting silhouettes that flatter your frame rather than drowning it.
Avoid excessive sizing up or styles meant to fit over heavy winter gear like snowsuits. For everyday wear, look for mid-length parkas in slim, shaped cuts. The faux fur trim slims and elongates the neckline for a polished look.
Do the parkas run true to size?
Due to their roomy cut, faux fur parkas often run large or oversized. But sizing varies by brand and style. Parkas meant for layering under tend to be more generous.
Your best bet is to consult the specific size chart for that coat. Compare your measurements. Trying the coat on in person also lets you assess the fit. Don’t assume your usual size will work. Carefully checking sizing helps get the right parka fit.
What length of parka is best for me?
Here are some tips on choosing the right parka length:
- Shorter frames should opt for long parkas that fall below the knee for better proportion.
- Taller women can pick mid-thigh styles without risking gaping exposure. Go longer if you want extra warmth.
- Long parkas provide the most coverage but may restrict leg mobility.
- Mid-length parkas ending around mid-thigh are versatile for wear over leggings, jeans, dresses, etc.
- Anorak parkas ending at the hip work for high activity like skiing. Size up for under layering.
- Try different lengths with your favorite boots and shoes to assess comfort and coverage.
Stay Stylish and Toasty All Winter!
With their plush faux fur and insulating warmth, these cozy yet chic parkas bring fun and function to frigid weather. Whether you’re searching for superior protection from the elements or making a fashionable statement, you’re sure to find your perfect match.
Don’t waste another winter shivering through chore coat options. By investing in a faux fur lined parka, you can take on cold, wet weather looking and feeling fabulous. Just add boots, mittens, and a warm smile no storm can dampen.
Stay warm out there and enjoy the snow! We can’t wait to see how you rock these fuzzy fashions as you brace the cold in comfort and cheer. Let us know which plush parka tops your wishlist this winter – we love gushing over the coolest coats almost as much as wearing them!